The module aims to examine the key components that characterise PISA-style assessments. It gives participants first hand experience of responding to PISA assessment material in order that PISA-style questions can be scrutinised/deconstructed, so that the core skills required of learners can be identified.
Teachers with a basic knowledge of PISA working in secondary schools
Teachers working in secondary schools who have undertaken Module 1: An introduction to PISA and the types of assessments used.
- provide guidance in understanding the key requirements of PISA-style questions
- experience PISA-style questions from the learners’ perspective.
- review typical PISA questions in reading, science and maths
- analyse the intention(s) behind a PISA question
- recognise the core skills needed to successfully answer a PISA question.